Friday, October 25, 2013

This blog, a side blog and other castings I collect

Before I committed to starting this blog I thought about what I would want to show and tell about. I went back and forth over strickly blogging about diecast models of Camaros and Firebirds or a combination of different castings I collect. 
In the end I decided this specific blog will be about diecast Camaros and Firebirds. I have a few thousand pieces to show and tell about with just the Camaro and Firebird. A little over 700 Johnny Lightning loose Camaros alone. So it should be fun moving forwards with this blog. 

Anyway, been thinking about the other few castings I collect on the side. So I've decided to make a side blog. Not sure of a name yet. But will tell you what you will see in it:

Shelby GT500
Ford GT40
Shelby SuperSnake
Lamborghini's
American Graffiti
'41 Willys
'32 Ford 5 Window Coupe
Datsun's
Skyline's
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
Baldwin Motion (my hometown)
Newer Corvettes 

Looks like a lot of different castings but I don't have much. The cool thing is I have them from all the major manufactures. 

Hotwheels
Matchbox
Johnny lightning
AutoWorld
Tomica 
Jada
Fast wheels
Ect..

Also, I collect variations, errors, preproduction pieces, prototypes, transitional pieces ect.. I am not so much of a cardboard collector. I like to hold these cars in my hand. Check out the detail. Roll them across the table. So most of my collection is loose. I could guess that I have a few hundred carded pieces but never sat down and counted. 
It doesn't matter if you collect loose or carded you are keeping this hobby alive!!! 

Till next time....
F-Body Godfather


No comments:

Post a Comment